Are Porcelain Veneers Worth It?
A beautiful smile can boost your confidence and make a lasting impression. If you suffer from tooth discolouration, chipped, cracked or broken teeth, a great way to restore your smile is with cosmetic dentistry treatments. Porcelain veneers are an increasingly popular treatment which can help you achieve a picture-perfect smile, but are they worth the investment? In this article, we’ll discuss the benefits, costs and risks of porcelain veneers and whether they’re the right choice for you.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are very thin tooth-coloured shells (about the thickness of a contact lens) that are custom made and shaped to perfectly match your teeth. Made from porcelain or composite resin, these shells are adhered to the front of your teeth with a special cement, providing a stain-resistant and durable new smile.
What Are The Benefits Of Getting Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers offer a range of benefits, making them an attractive option for those wanting to enhance their smile.
- Aesthetics: Veneers can create a natural-looking, beautiful smile that can boost your self-esteem. Custom-made to match or improve the colour, shape and size of your existing teeth, they provide a seamless and natural appearance.
- Durability: Porcelain veneers are strong and durable, lasting up to 15 years with proper care. They’re also resistant to staining and chipping, which means your smile will remain bright and beautiful for years to come.
- Versatility: Veneers can correct various dental imperfections, including discolouration, gaps, and chips. This versatility makes them an excellent option for those seeking a comprehensive solution for their dental concerns.
- Minimal Tooth Alteration: Porcelain veneers require minimal alteration to your natural teeth, preserving the tooth structure and making the procedure less invasive than other alternative treatments, such as dental crowns.
How Much Do Porcelain Veneers Cost?
The cost of porcelain veneers varies depending on factors such as the number of veneers required, the complexity of the procedure, the expertise of the dentist and the material of the veneers. On average, you can expect to pay around $1500 per tooth. While this may seem expensive, the long-lasting results and the transformative impact on your smile can make veneers a worthwhile investment.
What Are The Risks Of Porcelain Veneers?
As with any dental procedure, there are some risks associated with porcelain veneers.
- Tooth Sensitivity: Some patients may experience increased sensitivity to hot and cold foods and drinks after getting veneers. This is usually temporary and can be managed with desensitising toothpaste or gels.
- Irreversible Procedure: The process of placing porcelain veneers involves the removal of a small amount of tooth enamel. This means the procedure is irreversible and you’ll always need veneers or another dental treatment on the affected teeth.
- Potential Damage: While veneers are strong, they can still chip or crack if subjected to excessive force. It’s important to avoid biting on overly hard objects and maintain good oral hygiene to prevent damage to your veneers.
Are Porcelain Veneers Worth It?
Ultimately, the decision to get porcelain veneers depends on your individual circumstances and dental needs. If you’re seeking a long-lasting solution to enhance your smile and boost your confidence, porcelain veneers could be a worthwhile investment. However, it’s crucial to weigh up the benefits, costs and risks before deciding.
For the best possible outcome, you need to choose a skilled dentist who can help you achieve your desired results. Our skilled dentists can help you understand the procedure, discuss your options and determine whether porcelain veneers are the right choice for you.
Ready To Take The First Step Towards A Beautiful Smile?
At Perfect Teeth, we offer a range of smile-enhancing cosmetic dental treatments. If you’re looking for a white, bright, healthy looking smile without invasive surgery or orthodontic treatment, then porcelain veneers may be the option for you. Call us today to book a consultation with one of our experienced dentists and we’ll help you determine if porcelain veneers are the right solution for your dental needs.